Budget Winter Tires
POLAR TRAX GEN 2
- In the winter of 2020 Ironman introduced the Polar Trax Gen 2
- Just looking at this directional tread design you know it’ll be good for all types of winter conditions.
- And you won’t beat the price, this is good value for your money without sacrificing quality. I think this could be the number one tire in it’s category
This directional tread design with V-Shaped lateral grooves combined with its reinforced rigid tread blocks has great snow traction.
The Silica compound maintains snow and ice performance, even in severe winter driving conditions.
And that Zigzag center rib maximizes performance on ice and snow and with the beveled edge and tie-bars that improves straight line driving stability.
Heavy density, multi-wave sipes working in tandem with tread block shapes and arrangement, helps maximizing grip on ice and snow.
- This V-shaped tread design works with high-drainage grooves to drain snow, slush and water quickly.
- It really optimizes the direction of sipes to maximize the tire’s contact with the road surface and delivers outstanding traction and control in all winter driving conditions
- And Westlakes special winter tread compound offers performance driving.
- I like this tire with it’s studdable V-shaped tread design. It really delivers outstanding traction and braking performance on snow and icy roads.
- And the Stiff shoulder blocks that will enhance the grip and deliver outstanding cornering stability.
- This tire has been around for a few years and has a proven track record.
Radar Dimax Alpine
- High density of zig-zag sipes
- Optimized tread compound with advanced synthetic polymers and silica
- Directional tread design
- Optimized pattern design featuring more gripping edges
- Help increase the grip on snow and slush for excellent steering and handling performance
- Offers improved self-cleaning action on wet and slushy roads as well as optimizing gripping edges on snowy roads
- Provides increased grip on snow and ice for a shorter braking distance